Why write an article about caring for yourself during wedding planning? We would all like to think wedding planning is only fun & easy but there can be a great amount of stressful moments for you, your husband-to-be, your family members and your friends. So if you are organising your own wedding you must remember to look after yourself.
Organising your own wedding should be a fun experience which you will look back on in years to come with wonderful memories. Focus on what is important to you. It is your wedding and although some of your relatives would like to have their say you should focus on what is important to you and your partner.
The money factor
Money is one of the biggest stress factors when planning a wedding. Sit down and work out a realistic budget right from the start. If your parents are contributing it is a good idea to talk with them early in the planning process as it can save you and them a lot of stress and potential misunderstandings later.
Relieving stress and taking time out
There are lots of ways to relax your mind and body.
Try one or more of the relaxation tips below:
1. Soak in a warm bath
2. Listen to soothing music
3. Do yoga
4. Take a walk or do some other activity
5. Get a massage
6. Have a warm drink without alcohol or caffeine in it. Try herbal tea or warm milk.
However stressful the wedding planning gets for you, just remind yourself that you are doing all this to marry the man you love. Wedding planning is suppose to be fun and a good memory for both you and your partner.
Breathing exercises, muscle relaxation, and yoga can help relieve stress. Learning how to calm the mind and body is extremely important in relieving stress. One of the simplest and most effective ways to lower stress in the body and increase energy is by breathing techniques such as “deep breathing”. The way you breathe affects your whole body. When breathing deeply it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax. The brain then sends this message to your body which then decreases your heart rate, high blood pressure etc. Breathing exercises are easy to learn, you can do them when ever you want and you don’t need any extra tools or equipment.
Breathing exercises - Belly Breathing:
Belly breathing is very easy to do and wonderfully relaxing.
Next time you feel the wedding stress come on try this basic exercise:
1. Sit in a comfortable position.
2. Close your eyes and place one hand on your belly just under your ribs and your other hand on your chest.
3. Now take a slow deep breath in through your nose, and let air flow into your stomach area pushing your hand out. Your chest should not move.
4. Now slowly breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly go in, and use it to push all the air out.
5. Simply do this breathing exercise 3 to 10 times and take your time with each individual breath.